Open for Applications Until Sunday, December 8, 2019.
Intermountain Gas Company
Estimated Start Date:
$16.35 - $27.60 DOE
Intermountain Gas Company is a natural gas distribution company serving approximately 350,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in 75 communities in southern Idaho. We are a subsidiary of MDU Resources Group, Inc., a multidimensional natural resources enterprise traded on the New York Stock Exchange as “MDU.”
We provide comprehensive benefits to support employee health and financial well-being.
We are currently looking for qualified individuals who may be interested in our open employment opportunity for a Operations Aide in our Twin Falls, ID location.
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Performs technical, administrative and clerical duties to support electric and/or gas department(s), Region/District Operations, Construction, Service and/or Marketing. Primary duties include record keeping, document preparation and development, meeting coordination, GIS input/maintenance, MUP/CIS input/completion, accounting functions and special projects. Provides quality customer service and maintains good rapport with internal and external customers to resolve issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provides administrative support to the Region/District Operations, Electric, Gas, Construction, Service and/or Marketing departments, including GIS, CIS, MUP, JDE, DOT compliance, PCB compliance and accounting.
2. Coordinates and processes paperwork pertaining to assigned area, including new service line installation, daily reports, pre-engineering work, meter locations, construction reports, contractor invoices, maintenance, damage/repair reports and warehouse inventory and requisitioning. Creates orders in CIS for the installation and/or maintenance of the electric and gas distribution systems including material and property unit issues and corrections.
3. Provides customer service, including assigning account distributions to invoices, preparing journal entries, reconciling various ledgers, generating orders on CIS, answering the switchboard, processing field collection payments, completing pending maintenance orders, MAMR reporting, address research and processing mail returns and night box payments.
4. Assists Electric and Gas Engineering department personnel, including mapping of gas and/or electric facilities in GIS, maintaining distribution maps, providing map information, calling electric and/or gas outages/emergencies in to the MUP dispatchers, assisting with substation load checks and maintaining Joint Use and Street Light maps.
5. Reviews daily reports associated with CIS and MUP. Checks for errors in order completions or errors in downloads made to JDE and makes necessary corrections in JDE.
6. Communicates with a variety of internal and external customers, including gas and/or electric customers, contractors, builders, heating dealers, architects, engineers and employees.
7. Acts as administrative and/or customer service liaison between customers, Region/District office and General Office personnel and assists customers in the establishment of orders for new electric and/or gas lines and state inspection permits.
8. May be responsible for maintaining office supplies, forms, calendars, back-up tapes, procedure manuals and emergency books.
9. May be responsible to maintain emergency call-out lists and contracting customers regarding outages.
10. Performs other tasks and special projects as assigned.
Operations Aide III:
1. In addition to the duties above, is responsible to lead/mentor other Operations Aides with position fundamentals, day-to-day activities and handle complex tasks across the Region.
This position exists in various locations and specific duties will vary by location.
Operations Aide I:
Must possess a working knowledge of office procedures and business concepts at a level normally acquired through completion of a two-year degree in a business or office-related discipline, with two years of related experience.
Operations Aide II:
Must meet all qualifications of the Operations Aide I, possess a working knowledge of utility procedures/practices with four years related experience.
Operations Aide III:
Must meet qualifications of the Operations Aide I and II and possess comprehensive knowledge of utility procedures/practices with five years related experience. Level III of this position may perform supervisory responsibility and/or lead assigned employees, processes or systems. Generally, only one Ops Aide II will be allowed per office.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Highly motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers in a positive and efficient manner.
• Advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, as well as the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
• May be required to travel within service territory; therefore, must maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
How To Apply
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.