Medical Records Clerk - Details
Open for Applications Until Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
605 11th Ave East
Gooding, ID 83330
Estimated Start Date:
JOB SUMMARY: Medical Records Clerk will maintain the data and client records for The Walker Center residential and outpatient offices. This position will also obtain accurate information about clients’ progress in recovery after residential treatment. The primary means of contact will be by follow-up phone calls, however face to face interviews at meetings and call-ins from clients to counselors can also contribute to data for outcomes.
• Has strong attention to detail to ensure client records are complete and accurate.
• Knows how to label correctly and be thorough and mindful in reviewing documents prior to scanning.
• Is analytical and has the ability to understand legal documents and medical / clinical terminology.
• Works with health care professionals, has good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong technical (computer skills) to work within Electronic Health Records.
• Understands confidential, state, federal and HIPAA laws.
• Has a good working knowledge of chart formats and chart order.
• Proficient in maintaining client records and has a high level of organizational skills.
• Documents in the client file all requests and releases of data to outside sources.
• Coordinates access to client records and retrieves client information when requested assuring that the appropriate releases are in the file.
• Uploads documents into the electronic software and ensures that they are appropriate and completed correctly.
• Coordinates with departments and counselors regarding the process of entering data into The Walker Center electronic health records.
Must have strong conversation skills and be able to demonstrate an awareness of recovery concepts. Must be able to type and use Microsoft Excel, Word and Access or be willing to learn. Must be able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment including a computer, printer, photocopier, facsimile machine, and telephone. This position requires: walking, standing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing (type between 60 and 80wpm), and repetitive motions. Experience working in a treatment center for chemically-dependent individuals preferred. Physical and emotional health adequate to perform duties. Self-identified person in recovery from a Substance Use Disorder must have a minimum of two years of sobriety from substances of abuse. Must pass pre-hire requirements including a criminal background check, UA, and TB test
How To Apply
Email a copy of your current resume and cover letter to email@example.com