Open for Applications Until Monday, August 16, 2021.
Idahoan Foods, LLC
823 S Oneida
Rupert, ID 83350
Estimated Start Date:
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Lead position is to direct daily operation and maintenance support for manufacturing. When the Maintenance Supervisor is absent, the Lead covers all their responsibilities. The Lead will be responsible for coordinating work streams and prioritizing activities based on plant performance and the maintenance plan. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, coordinating schedules with the Planner, verifying jobs are being completed safely and correctly, assigning work, ordering parts, and ensuring team is utilizing CMMS effectively.
1. Oversee maintenance area in the absence of Maintenance Supervisor.
2. Coordinate work activities with departments, outside contractors and vendors, and prioritize with production demands.
3. Diagnose equipment failures and make necessary repairs while minimizing production down time.
4. Must be knowledgeable about proper equipment installation and handling.
5. Act as a training mentor in areas of expertise. Train less experienced maintenance technicians and coordinate training activities for department as needed.
6. Demonstrate competency while performing routine equipment maintenance.
7. Reflect a high desire and ability to lead teams in a professional manner, while promoting skill development.
8. Lead efforts to identify and define best practice maintenance standards and drive team ownership of these applications.
9. Start/stop all equipment and understand where to find equipment documentation if needed (SOPs, dwgs, etc).
10. Properly size equipment components including, but not limited to, gearboxes, motors, sprockets, sheaves, pumps, fans, pipe flow, etc.
11. Follow and promote all safety programs and requirements (hot work policy, confined space, fall protection, proper rigging requirements, lockout/tag out) and all safety programs utilized by Idahoan Foods.
12. Follow and promote all good manufacturing practices (GMPs) as defined by the Idahoan Foods company policy.
13. Understand basic applications of electrical and controls safety requirements within the maintenance department.
14. Complete routine paperwork and have a thorough understanding of CMMS for maintenance.
15. Willing to answer and respond to on call plant needs and to coordinate resources as needed to address emergency down time scenarios.
16. Follow and enforce all company Food Safety and Food Quality programs, policies, and practices.
17. All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position:
Education and/or Experience:
• This position requires two years of trade school and/or five years of experience in maintenance.
• Possess skills to properly use and inspect all necessary mechanics tools both manual and power.
• Demonstrates the ability to work from PIDs, PFDs, drawings, equipment schematics, and/or verbal instruction.
• Complete and maintain Idahoan Foods forklift certification.
• Complete and maintain a current CPR & First Aid certification.
• Must be willing to complete professional development or continuing education class every 2 years.
Must have the ability to prepare, format, proofread, and edit documents that are concise and professional. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, telephone skills, and thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
This position requires quantitative skills and knowledge of math functions such as percentages, decimals, and the ability to chart numerical data appropriately.
This position requires a high degree of self-confidence and maturity to make decisions required in day-to-day activities. Must be able to solve problems with minimal direction, be detail oriented, and have strong organizational skills. A team player who is flexible, accepts changing assignments and accountability, and displays excellent interpersonal skills.
• Essential computer skills using Windows applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and E-mail.
• Ability to effectively utilize the computerized maintenance management software (CMMS) to generate work orders, research equipment hierarchy, PMs, work history, etc.
This position requires the ability to perform various physical activities such as heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) standing on concrete floors for extended periods of time, moving parts and loud noise. Must be able to work with sanitizers and cleaning chemicals. Must be able to work various shifts as assigned by Supervisor. Cleans job site and tools. Stores tools and equipment in designated places in an orderly manner. Works on ladders, scaffolds, and forklift cages and in pits using proper safety precautions. Wears personal protective equipment as needed for assigned tasks. Must be able to work various shifts as assigned by Supervisor.
How To Apply
To apply log on to Idahoan.com, then click on the Careers link or click on the following link: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/RDO1000RDO/JobBoard/2e4633e6-0551-4536-bb7d-097869c73e72/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=0e2430b8-efa2-4e5c-8562-dac561ee2245