P&Z Commission Member - Details
Open for Applications Until Friday, December 31, 2021.
Twin Falls County
630 Addison Ave. W.
P.O. Box 126
Twin Falls, ID 83301
Estimated Start Date:
The Commission serve in both a decision-making capacity and an advisory capacity to the Board of County Commissioners. There are two types of public hearings that the Commission conducts. The first is a “legislative hearing” whereby the Commission formulates recommendations on certain land use requests, rezones, ordinance amendments, etc. The Commission’s recommendations are then forwarded to the Board, who makes the final decision on legislative matters.
The second type of public hearing is “quasi-judicial” in nature, meaning that the requests are specific to a parcel of land. The Commission authorized to make decisions on requests for Special/Conditional Use Permits, Variances, Planned Unit Developments, Subdivisions, etc. However, any decision the Commission makes may be appealed to the Board. Anyone that believes he or she has been aggrieved by the Commission’s decision has the right to file an appeal to the Board.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Planning and Zoning Commission, as established, is responsible for performing the duties set forth in the Local Land Use Planning Act and for fulfilling the duties of the Commission as set forth in Twin Falls County Code, such as, but not limited to:
1. Special (Conditional) Use Permits, Subdivisions, Variances, and other such applications requiring Commission approval.
2. Initiate, or review, and make recommendation on proposed amendments to Twin Falls County Code and conduct periodic reviews of all land use and development ordinances.
3. Initiate, or review, and make recommendations on proposed amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and to conduct a periodic review of the Comprehensive Plan.
4. Provide for citizen meetings, hearings, surveys, or other methods to obtain input on issues relating to: land use, plans, ordinances and processes as necessary, or when required by County Code or State law.
5. Perform additional duties as may be assigned by the Board of County Commissioners.
Please review job description.
How To Apply
Apply ONLINE at www.twinfallscounty.org
This is an unpaid / volunteer position:
Twin Falls County is seeking applicants to fill current and potential future opening on the Planning and Zoning Commission. Applicants should be representative from the county at large. Applicants from cities or areas of city impacts larger than 1,500 people will not be considered at this time. Appointment will be in January 2020, terms are typically 3 years.